Plundering You’re just a Dumbass! again, as Valentine’s Day is coming up (and I will now not have a date 😥 ) we forget sometimes that it is a celebration of romance. It seems commercially about how the man should romance the woman in his life – I’ve been playing with a few ideas about levelling the expectations playing field of relationships but for now, let me leave you with a list of things that we men like to hear.
1. “I love you” (Because we want to hear it too)
2. “I like a man who can cook” (If we’ve made that effort to cook for you, we want to feel appreciated for the effort)
3. “I bought you a bottle of that very special beer you really like. Just because you liked it” (This isn’t about beer, it is about the small things)
4. “You are right” (arrogance is not attractive in either gender)
5. “You’re not your usual attentive self” (Sometimes we feel nagged that we’re not paying attention and we shut down – notice that we have something on our mind and ask how we are feeling)
6. “What’s this video game? Can I play?” (This isn’t about video games. Firstly it is about you taking an interest in the things we do to unwind and secondly, showing us your inner child an perhaps, thirdly, you having a ‘try anything once’ attitude)
7. “You’re too good for that job” (we like it when you push us to do better – saying ‘why don’t you ask for a payrise/promotion’ every week feels like nagging and that you think we’re incapable of thinking that up all on our own. we want to feel you support us at the same time you push us)
8. “Hey handsome” (make us feel you still fancy us)
9. “Can your mum have the kids this weekend? Let’s spend it in bed and make lots of noise!” (make us feel like a teenager again sometimes)
10. “A man asked me out today – I told him I don’t want big macs while I have prime steak at home” (we want to feel that you chose us and that in all the world you’d still choose us)
Go for it girls, make your man feel special this Valentine’s Day!